Monday 27 April 2015

In Utero


The pit is completely enclosed and its full of leathery objects... like eggs or something.


It appears to be completely sealed.

Wait a minute there's movement.
Seems to have life.

 Organic life.
AAAAAaaaaarrrrgghh!


Don't worry, he's only sleeping.  He's a Snoozafex (thanks Remalis, I can't get that out of my head now)

The removable side stands up on its own.
Modeling the tentacles to make it stand up on its own was nightmarishly horrible.

Well, thank Christ thats over is all I can say.  I will never, ever paint another Tyrannocyte ever again. Cross my heart and hope to die.

Visible Xenomorph on left.  Auspex scan on right.

Part of the inspiration for this conversion was a display at my local doctor's surgery when I was a boy.  It was a 'cut away' model of the human body cavity and apparently you could remove the organs.  Because I was a child, they would never let me play with it but I always wanted to take the liver out and see what was behind (my father would frown disapprovingly and tell me to come away).  Stupid adults. What is the point of making such a wonderful 3D jigsaw puzzle if you can't play with it?  I like to think I'm working that childhood obsession out of my system.

Always remove the giblets before cooking.

I've decided not to paint him sleeping after all.  I think a baleful eye staring back out at you when you examine the model closely is much more disturbing.  I'm not really into blood and guts as a rule, but I love seeing the moue of disgust on my wife's face when I show her my latest project.  Gertie actually made her recoil in horror when I first basecoated the Tervigon in black.  She hates spiders.  I still consider it one of my finest modeling moments.  Her comment on this Tyrannocyte was,

"There's something wrong with you."

Sweet, sweet music.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- roughly translated: "The next train to Llandudno leaves in 15 minutes"

16 comments:

  1. That is absolutely outstanding - phenomenal work, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly fantastic, a work a genius, thanks for persevering enough to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. You should return the favour and complete Deathleaper. I want to see Deathleaper!

      Delete
    2. Be careful! None ever sees the Deathleaper and live enough to tell the tale! XD

      Delete
  3. That's incredible mate, a really inspired and detailed modelling project, congrats, if GD still ran this would be a contender for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, I think I'd get points for originality at least. I wouldn't dare come over to Oz if you were entering :P

      Delete
    2. I've only ever won a bronze mate ;)

      Delete
  4. That's stunning. Very nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  5. "There's something wrong with you" - she knew that before you got married, no? Nice modeling though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good God, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be cracking Enigma or something? I didn't think you were into 40k.

      Delete
  6. I think insanity is a minuscule price in front of this gorgeous...thingy...

    Seriously, this is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm very happy with the finished product. I should dive into the pool of madness more often. Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Cheers. I might pull it out of storage for Armies on Parade this month. Seems a shame to keep him packed away.

      Delete