I made about twenty tentacles for this one. So many that they didn't all fit in his mouth. On balance, I think I love tentacles more than magnets. I removed about half which is slightly disappointing, but you can have too much of a good thing. At the end of the day, its supposed to be a mouth, not a jellyfish.
I wanted to do something like my Portal of Despair (in the background below) but took a slightly different approach. I still embedded gardening wire inside some of the green stuff for stability but didn't apply the extra tendrils wet.
It's very fiddly and they often start drooping or you can accidentally stick them together, ruining the effect and having to roll more. Instead I just 'cured' them straight for a couple of hours until they could be handled without impressing fingerprints. They were then curled into interesting shapes and I let them fully dry on a scrunched up paper towel. It was much easier to position them using blu-tac and I just green stuffed the bases into place once I was happy with the arrangement.
It went much faster than earlier attempts so I'll probably keep this technique if I find anything else I want to 'tentitaclize'.
Still having fun with Nids and the new codex. I tried 40 Genestealers with Swarmy in a pod which is almost pornographic but I tended to peak too soon and go all flaccid when it really mattered. So I've been switching it up. A Kronos firebase with Kraken assaulters is a pleasing combo but I've become insatiably hungry for Command Points and those lovely stratagems they provide.
I'm currently running a Brigade detachment at 1500 points (shit yeah!) which is an all Kronos gunline with buckets of chaff. Hilarity ensues! Anyway, I should get on and finish this Haruspex. I tried it out in a test game and it sucks so I'll probably be using the Exocrine head for this model going forward. Shame really, I like how this is turning out.