Friday, 15 November 2013

Rusticrons

I believe that I may now be slow painting Necrons since it took 3 days to add the weathering effects.  In my defense, I do work full time and pay lip service to raising a family.  I also played a game on Tuesday night which took forever to finish.  Its weird, watching the other player rolling a million psychic powers and having to move all his units several times per turn. Normally, that guy is me.  Battle focus might be a neat idea but it does slow the game down interminably as your opponent tries to move all 12 of his jet bikes out of the charge range of your wraiths and spends 5 minutes just measuring stuff.  Anyhoo, I finally got round to slapping some AK light rust effects on the army.  Followed by a thin coating of Burnt Umber oil colour which took an absolute age to dry.  I kept poking them to see if they were done and leaving muddy fingerprints all over the place.

Its fair to say that my army has a large yellow streak.


I'm also experimenting with a super fast basing technique called "pour Jo Sonja's Crackle Medium varnish on it".  My weathering effects on the yellow carapace parts were less than professional too, involving a craft knife and closing my eyes a lot.  I actually have some Heavy Chipping acrylic fluid from AK which I could have used but it probably would have added another day to the whole process so I didn't bother.

You can see the crackly bits starting to form on the edge of the Wraith base.  Its like magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment