I started to paint my red weed infestation and then changed my mind.
The more I thought about it, the more it seemed wrong. Maybe the red was too high a contrast to the grey. Maybe it wouldn't match my army. Maybe I was running out of red paint. One of these statements is definitely true.
So it was back to the old standby. Elysian Green, Nurgling Green, Ushabti Bone. The picture below is taken before the Biel-Tan Green wash.
And this little diorama has the green wash applied.
The only other colours I've used are Tin Bitz and Brass Scorpion. I didn't want to make it too busy. The Green Weed makes it pop enough.
I think terrain should provide an interesting context and backdrop for your models, not overshadow them. I didn't want it to completely distract the eye from my army (although this picture might suggest otherwise). At the same time I wanted to tie it in with my colour scheme so that it all hangs together.
Also, I'm lazy and have a ton more stuff to do before the board is finished. As a well known wargame podcaster once said, "The best colour is 'done'."