Sunday 14 September 2014

Fun with magnets : Tervigon/Tyrannofex

I now own two different versions of Imperial Armour 4 thanks to Chris who gifted me his 1st edition copy, knowing that I'd enjoy the old rules and artwork for the terrain (that Anphelion base is insane).  I thought I'd better hurry up and finish magnetising his Tervigon by way of recompense.


When I built my own GW Tervigon I distinctly remember thinking to myself, "I'm just going to glue this together.  There's no way in Hell that I'm ever going to use the overcosted shite that is a Tyrannofex".  Glue in Haste, Repent at Leisure as they say.  Well, they don't say that but whatever.


I'm not going to bother with a tutorial since its been done many times before, utilising the far more entertaining and effective media of YouTube.  However, I did add my own twist to this one by including both the Tyrannofex spines and the Tervigon egg sac on the thorax.  I just used small magnets to affix the spines and then grey stuffed the opposing magnets inside the egg sac.  Easy! (actually it was incredibly fiddly and annoying but in the best tradition of Blue Peter I'm just going to show you some I prepared earlier)


Chris can now happily field 5 different versions of this beast whilst I'm safe in the knowledge that, if Tervigon spam ever comes back into fashion, I can put 3 of the buggers on the table whilst simultaneously owning zero Tyrannofexes.  You have been warned.

1 comment: