Friday 30 August 2013

Shrine of the Manufactork 2

Crane added to the Manufactork as per client instructions:

building a grimdark tomorrow

I wasn't sure where to start.  I had been given a WWII Pontoon bridge and the steel lattice frame definitely seemed usable but I kept playing with the boats and not actually doing anything.   I needed something to make it Orky.  So I started with an Ork.

Yer 'avin a larf, intcha?

The crane driver was pretty easy.  I just reversed the axe on an Ork Boy, cut the gun off and did a bit of reposing with grey stuff.   I gave his boots soles because he is going to be pushing foot pedals. I didn't tell my son that he had sacrificed one of his troops to the cause.  He gets enough free stuff as it is.


I sketched out an Orky head on plasticard and put this on the model too.  It handily disguises the inscription telling you that the side of the hoist is actually a 15mm polyethylene plumbing cap.  The cab and engine just sort of evolved around the driver, being mostly old sprues.

Pedal to the metal!  Oh wait, its a crane...
The Pontoon bridge became the boom.  I used wire for the cabling and a bit of Killa Kan claw for the block and hook.  The crane can swivel around and the boom moves up and down.  Its not technically accurate and could do with a boom line and counterweight but this is Ork technology dammit.  They use rocks for spaceships.  Does that seem technically accurate to you?

Boom goes up.  Boom goes down.  Hours of fun.

Now I have to figure out what to do with the Skyshield Landing Pad.  This will be difficult since I hate the model as well as the rules for it and it no longer fits on the top of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment