Thursday 5 September 2013

Skyshit Landing Pad

Well, I finally got the landing pad to fit on top of the Manufactork.  I'm not sure its a viable piece of scenery any more since you will have to make a 17" charge up the sheer side of a building in order to assault anything inside it.  Or you could go round the back and play Qbert on the different levels to get up there.  Assuming you hug the lee of the wall in order to get defilade.  Because you can bet your bottom dollar that the defender will put something hideously shooty up there.

All along the watchtower.  Thudd Guns kept the view.


I really don't like Skyshield Landing Pads.  They are made for exploitation. You just plonk your heavy artillery on top and sit there all game saying, "Come at me, bro.  4++ save for 75 points?  I ain't never coming down.  Whats that you say?  Unfurled?  Bite me."  So I made the whole thing detachable with its own stand, so you can play it as a separate piece of scenery.

Now you only have to make a 6" charge.  Into Terrain.  Oh, happy day.  Or you could use the lift.

I started Orkifying but it was half hearted really.  I needed to go nuts with spiky bits.  I decided to build a giant totem for the side of the building.  Made from different parts of vanquished enemies.  It was a good idea I suppose but didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.  Its made from bits of Space Marines, Imperials, Dark Eldar and Tyranids.  I'll try spraying it all black and see if it can be improved.  I think the white plasticard gives it too much contrast at the moment.  So its difficult to know what it should look like finished.

Sad face


No comments:

Post a Comment