Sunday 4 November 2018

Up-Chucking Monkeys


Drunken Sigmarines are ready to do battle!  To be honest I've played more games with these guys in the last 2 weeks than I have 40k in the last 2 months.  I'm just as shit at Nightvault as I am at 40k mind, but its a hell of a fun game and the beatings don't last as long.  It doesn't help that our local group plays in the pub.  Actually that does help.  It allows me to combine two of my favourite things.


I couldn't find tankards big enough to equip them with so had to get creative.  Rob Singers offered to give me a load of useful bits to help me out but I didn't turn up to our coffee date to collect them.  Sorry, Rob but I'm true to my word (in some respects) and have named them after you: Stormsinger's Curseflingers. From left to right: Eilís Morrígan, Anal Stormsinger and Seamus the Disarmed.




 Stormsinger is carrying a lidded tankard made out of Dwarf Hammerers helmets and weapons.   Eilís has a goblet made out of a hammer head and Seamus' stein is a lantern off the back of a Mortis Engine.  I had to do some excruciating green/grey stuffing in order to repose them, especially Seamus.  I think I'll only get to see how well I did when they are fully painted.


The idea is that they are a troupe of drunken bards and destroy their foes with curses so vile that they can break your will, induce catatonia or make your ears melt. The bards become intoxicated instead of inspired and if all else fails, they throw up on you.


Anyway, this is a sure sign that I am still falling to Chaos. Any self respecting devotee of the Stormcast Eternals should find this intolerable.  Is there a plausible way you can depict drunken Sigmarines in the lore? I don't know why I feel the need to pervert decent models like this but it probably reveals a deep seated corruption in my soul.


7 comments:

  1. OK, I haven't laughed like that in a while. Thank you. These guys are awesome! Boozecast Eternals? Stormdrunk Eternals?

    Also kind of makes me think of Legend of the Drunken Master. I can see them doing some similar exchanges:
    "Whoa. What was that one?"
    "Not sure. What does a skull and bones on the bottle mean?"
    "Good stuff!"

    THE POWER OF BOOZE COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF BOOZE COMPELS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, yes, I've definitely played more Shadespire over the past year or so than I have any other game. Plays fast, lots of fun, don't need to haul too much stuff around. Just a great game.

      Delete
    2. haha, thanks Westrider. I was trying to seriously tie them into the lore at one point. What if they had been through several re-forgings and were starting to lose their memories and emotions? Maybe drinking would help them retain their humanity and their souls? Then I realised that I was attempting to sculpt a projectile vomiting model and none of that really mattered. I don't even have to worry about WYSIWYG weapon options and unique paintstyles/conversion in Nightvault are actually encouraged. Its a breath of fresh air!

      Delete
  2. Simply hillarious! Amazing conversions on the tankards and the poses. You should really make terrain features of kegs and aruge that your Dunkcast get better if adjacent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a good idea. I could do objective markers with ale barrels on them too! Instead of gaining glory I gain pints of bitter! Cheers Xar

      Delete
  3. HAHA! Those are freakin' fantastic, man! I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers mate. Currently getting a love em or hate em vibe from people so I'm glad you're the former!

      Delete