The trouble with plans is that they go awry. I was already bored painting Skitarii and decided to change the recipe to make it more efficient. Hagen mentioned using contrast paint over layer paint rather than the base coat and I thought I'd try it out on Vallejo silver.
It looks pretty good although I still had to highlight the brass and silver edging. So not much time saved but I was on a roll and decided to try Cygor Brown on the rifle instead of the 2 step Skeleton Horde and Rhinox Hide. Finally, I changed up the spot colour, using Warlock Purple and Pink horror instead of red. I threw a Reikland Fleshshade glaze over the top and put a coat of it over one of the finished bases to make it match the more reddish brown marble effect on my vehicles more consistently. Not bad, not bad at all. I was now ready to paint the next 10 Skitarii with my new and improved recipe.
Then the LVO reveals came out on the Warhammer Community page. Batplanes, Cowboy Skitarii and Flying Monkeys! Very excited! My wallet started to weep uncontrollably in my pocket. I ignored its plaintiff cries and began fantasising about what heresy I could achieve with the new models.
This got me in a converting mood, so I went back to the Spider Onager and started thinking about weaponising it. I built the various options from the original Onager and decided I liked the Icarus Array the best. A couple of spare autocannon thingies from the Lord Discordant kit will do nicely. But then I got bored and nothing about it seemed as exciting as flying monkeys.
I felt the need to destroy something, so I chopped up the legs from my second Armiger kit and messed around with different poses. Nothing seemed right and a short spell on YouTube watching films about sprinting ostriches seemed like a good idea.
This got the creative juices flowing and I've now got the basic shape and idea for my Nurgle themed Armiger Warglaive.
The pose I want will be quite difficult to achieve since the whole model has to be balanced on the toes of one foot. I'm going to have to run a shitload of brass rods through that leg to make it work. A solid base was needed to work from so I cut up some more scenery and created a bit of scaffolding to hold up the torso while I work on the leg. The scaffold slots into a hole in the base.
Then I realised I had made an unholy mess. Distraction upon distraction upon distraction and nothing finished. My paint station looked like a medieval torture chamber. I need to calm down and take stock.
But sometimes when the ideas come you've just go to go with the flow. Discipline is for the servants of the False Emperor!