Sunday 20 October 2019

Sawberus


Well its probably time for a blog post intervention.   I've been playing Steam games more or less obsessively for 3 months now.  A necessary escape hatch from the pressures of work but I need to stop before the psychosis kicks in.  Playing No Man's Sky is no longer healthy for me.
I attempted to arrest the compulsive feedback loop of sitting in a Trading Post for hours on end, waiting for a better ship to land so I could buy it.  But even binge watching an entire season of Altered Carbon in one night before falling into a drug induced coma during the final episode didn't help.  Some of my friends are trying to get me to resubscribe to 'World of Warcraft: Classic' which is only making things worse.  I thought I was well and truly over that particular nasty habit.

So I cleaned up the garage and my bomb-crater of a paint station and what with the warmer weather coming in I determined to do something (anything) productive.  Time to convert some Armiger Warglaives from the Forgebane set which has been sitting in a corner gathering dust for an innappropriate length of time.

The trouble is that enforced hobbying does not really get the creative juices flowing.  Thats the whole point of a hobby really.  You shouldn't have to do it.  When you have to do it, then its just work.  But my interest was finally piqued so I trolled the internet for ideas.  And eventually hit paydirt.  My intial attempts consisted of:

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.
And then I spotted this on Facebook:

Fuck, yes!
 As an ardent Horizon Zero Dawn fan, I heartily approve of this model.   It's a pretty inspired version of a Watcher, the reconnaissance outriders of the machine swarm.  Nick Gralewicz converted it and you can see more pictures here.  I didn't want to replicate it entirely because I'm such a whiny special snowflake, but strangely I have most of the parts.  I'm saving that Maulerfiend torso for something spidery or eldritch horrory though (either that or I'll forget about it entirely in the course of time).  I also wanted more pointy bits than a Watcher and thought it would be interesting to try out a different Chaos God.  I think I've settled on Khorne for this one.


It doesn't get much more Khorne than a fucking walking chainsaw, surely?  I feel I should emphasise this point with copious quantities of arterial gore.  I'm getting ahead of myself though.  I need to do something about those God-awful, clunky feet first.  And then there's the tail.  I should probably bulk out the hips too.  And maybe some goofy T-Rex claws at the front.  And weapons, its got to have more weapons; this is 40k for Emprah's sake.


I shall love him and pet him and squeeze him and his name shall be 'Sawberus'.

9 comments:

  1. Holy Moley! That’s superb! I quite liked the head of the Maulerfiend and then saw the last two, Hell yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Siph. I've got enough parts from Forgebane to make another so might go back to earlier attempts for that.

      Delete
  2. I actually kinda like the one with the Forgefiend Plasma Cannon, tho it still needs more changes from the base Model. Very possibly worth a re-visit at some point.

    That said, Sawberus is far better, especially given your previous Chaos Knight. Much more animalistic and feral and vicious. Seems a bit like Mr. Chompy's big brother (https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hfy-0ZrFygs/V5sAc2xN_CI/AAAAAAAAAbg/dAxlaEfwhCgQQjQVkXdWLxbzxdMmRmpiQCLcB/s1600/DSCN2021.JPG)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I want to do a non-bloated/non-diseased Nurgle Armiger next. Which will no doubt prove unpopular with the masses, but fk'em. Why can't Nurgle daemons be skeletal? Mr. Chompy is great. Trying to figure out what his head is made from. Killa Kan Klaw?

      Delete
    2. Yep, it's a Kan Klaw. I def approve of emaciated Nurgle stuff. Not enough of that out there.

      Delete
  3. Hell yeah! Looks like quite the start back into converting again. I think those clunky feet might not even be the problem if you elongated the legs (particularily the shins)? But I'm sure they would be improved by adding claws (what isn't?)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! Claws are the answer! I thought about removing the ankle ball joint and elongating the legs but its a fair amount of work.

      Delete
  4. That's cool. My current obsession is a 3D printer. This little thing https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3421696 is saving my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would scoff, but I don't know how many tall pots of nuln oil I've knocked over in the past few years. I pipette the stuff onto a palette now and close the lid every time. Those holders are a pretty good idea.

      Delete